Arunodaya Trust is proud to announce that we have reached one more new milestone with the launch of Elderly Home for neglected destitute elderly persons. The residents have been identified from different village of Rangareddy and Medak, Hyderabad of Telangana, India. Currently, twenty elderly men & women are sheltered in the home.
We aim to provide the best of care for the elderly people in the home. We seek to enhance the quality of health, self sufficiency in each and every individual and ensure a homely atmosphere.
The Old Age Home has two Dormitories, a big hall, hygienic kitchen and 3 toilets, and open space for recreation.
We are able to run this old age home with generous contributions from individuals like you, and corporate. You can donate in the name of someone, and for occasions like birthdays, wedding anniversary to provide festive meals (Annadhanam) in our Elderly Home. People are welcome to come to the Elderly Home to celebrate special occasions with the warm elders.
Salient Features of Happy Old Age Home:
- Medical Care & Support for Elderly Persons
- Nutritious Food – 3 meals daily
- A quiet, clean and zero noise environment
- Recreational, cultural and social activities
How You can be part of Happy Old Age Home:
- Donate Rs.1800 (US$30) to Sponsor one elderly person in the Old Age Home for her Food & Medical Support for One Month.
- Sponsor One Destitute Old Age Person for 1 Year with Rs.21600 (US$350) in the Old Age Home for her Nutritious Meals, Medical Care.
- Donate an amount of Rs.3000 (USD 50) for most neglected elderly person’s clothes, toiletries for 1 year.
- Your Donation Rs.1000 (USD 18) can feed one nutritious hot meal to 20 destitute elderly persons in the Happy Old Age Home.
Your generous Donations help us to serve better to the Most neglected destitute old age persons in the Happy Old Age Home. Once we receive your donations we will send a receipt, feedback report on the money utilization and sponsored elderly person’s particulars to you in due course of time.
An Abused Elder’s story……..
N.Ganganna, age 78, lives with his wife and family in a small, cramped room in a near Sanjaynagar. Ganganna and his wife got their only son Satish married to Vasudha with great aspirations. His son Satish works at a construction company and their daughter-in-law is the aaya at a community school. Ganganna and his wife had great expectations from their son and daughter-in-law but soon their troubles started. Satish got into a drinking habit and started hitting his father on coming home. Under the influence of alcohol he would abuse his father. Their daughter-in-law was also not taking proper care of them.
Ganganna heard about Elderly Home through a friend and dropped in at Dignity to ask for help and advice. Ganganna was confused and angry about his situation. In order to solve things amicably, the social worker and volunteer suggested a meeting be arranged with the son and daughter-in-law. They were asked to come meet the social worker at Elderly Home.